1. The South Korean government is giving the blockchain industry a tax break in a bid to help foster innovation in decentralized technologies;
2. Vyacheslav Volodin, the chairman of the lower chamber of the Russian parliament, has said that bills on the digital economy will be a priority during the upcoming session;
3. François Villeroy de Galhau, the governor of the Bank of France, stated in a speech that Bitcoin was a highly speculative asset rather than a currency;
3. The Japan Financial Services Agency (FSA) today, Jan 11, issued measures to improve the review transparency of the virtual currency exchange registration.
1. The IOTA Foundation announced recently that its open source Tangle technology would be used to create a new track and trace solution for assets in the supply chain for IBCS group;
2. The proposal of an EOS Referendum contract has passed, getting 16 votes in favor;
3. According to SlowMist, a Chinese security firm, a chain named "Ethereum Classic Vision" that counterfeits Ethereum (ETH) hard fork has been discovered.
1. The crypto exchange dedicated to EOS-powered tokens by Huobi Global will start trial operations on Jan 11;
2. OKEx has approved the delisting request from HitChain (HIT) and will delist all HIT trading pairs at 23:00 on Jan 11, 2019 (UTC);
3. Coincheck is approved as a registered crypto exchange.
1. Crypto startup Bitwise Asset Management has filed an initial registration form proposing the Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Trust with the U.S. SEC;
2. The China-based security firm SlowMist discovered another mining address hoarding a lion share of the ETC network's hash power;
3. Another China-based security firm PeckShield finds out that four hacker accounts behind a slew of cyber attacks on EOS-powered DApp games in last December are operated by one single entity;
4. Circle's CEO Jeremy Allaire said the crypto industry needs a light touch from the CFTC, instead of the oversight from the SEC;
5. The Republic of the Marshall Islands announced that the blockchain expert Steve Tendon is advising and assisting the country with the drafting, design, issuance of SOV, the digital legal tender of the country;
6. According to the DVP security team, a general architecture called "ThinkPHP5" was once again exposed to a security vulnerability that affects all versions of ThinkPHP architecture 5.x.