1. The Swiss National Bank (SNB) and BIS have cooperated on the BIS Innovation Hub Centre in Switzerland to study the integration of CBDCs into a distributed ledger technology infrastructure;
2. The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has published its first guidance in five years for calculating taxes owed on cryptocurrency holdings;
3. The European Union should not allow Facebook to develop Libra on "European territory," because it threatens the monetary sovereignty of member states, France's finance minister Bruno Le Maire said;
4. The House Financial Services Committee announced on Oct 9 that Zuckerberg will testify on Oct 23 during a hearing titled "An Examination of Facebook and Its Impact on the Financial Services and Housing Sectors."
1. MakerDao will launch multi-collateral Dai on November 18;
2. The United Nations charity for children,UNICEF, launched the UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund, a new funding method whereby UNICEF will receive, hold, and disburse donations of Ether and Bitcoin.
[Exchange & Wallet]
1. Binance has added WeChat/Alipay on-ramps and launched P2P trading functionality with BTC, ETH and USDT available for trading against CNY;
2. Poloniex announced that trading of PASC, STEEM, NAV, GAME, LBC, and CLAM will be disabled on Oct 15;
3. Bitstamp announced that it will expand its partnership with BitGo to include custodianship of digital assets.
1. Neel Kashkari, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, says that cryptocurrency is a farce;
2. The Libra Association is thinking of radical approaches to reach the unbanked in certain locations, including a "step-ladder" approach to KYC regulations.