18:08 24H News Roundup Jan 22: TRON To Partner With Apple’s Co-Founder Steve Wozniak
1. A new presidential decree in Uzbekistan envisages the introduction of tax exemptions for income obtained from operations involving crypto assets;
2. The government of Singapore, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and 16 other companies including Mastercard, Mitsubishi Corporation, DBS Bank, Tokio Marine and Marubeni Corporation have partnered to speed up the deployment of digital technologies in trade and commerce including distributed ledger technology;
3. Romania has amended its tax laws, allowing it to start taxing gains from Bitcoin investments at a rate of 10 percent.
1. The NEM Foundation announced the public testnet and the new name for SYMBOL from NEM, the blockchain platform developed under the codename "Catapult;"
2. Several major BCH mining pools including BTC.TOP, AntPool, BTC.com, ViaBTC, and Bitcoin.com prepare to implement a 6-month short-term donation plan, and provide sufficient development funds for BCH developers;
3. The Ethereum 2.0 deposit contract has passed the last hurdle with an end to end formal verification by the aptly named Runtime Verification;
4. The legendary co-founder of Apple, Steve Wozniak, sat down for lunch with TRON creator Justin Sun who later said, “Looking forward to our partnership.”
[Exchange & Wallet]
1. Crypto wallet ZenGo has added support for Tezos staking;
2. Kraken listed ALGO-based trading pairs against USD, EUR, BTC, and ETH.
1. Vodafone does not rule out the possibility of future cooperation with Libra Association after leaving it;
2. Japan BCCC established a new stablecoin committee on Jan 22 and announced the issuance of a stable coin ZENX, a currency with the same concept and mechanism of Facebook's Libra;
3. The HKMA and the Bank of Thailand published a report on a joint Central Bank Digital Currency research project named Project Inthanon-LionRock on Jan 22.